Enterprise Licensing and Permitting (ELP)
Every year the New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene issues millions of licenses to the City's more than 8 million residents and 220,000 businesses. The Health Department issues many types of licenses and permits covering a wide range of areas governed by the NYC Health Code. This includes animal facilities, beaches, restaurants, and childcare, to name a few. It also includes applying for exemptions from City health regulations – such as an exemption from the citywide smoking ban. To improve service, DOHMH launched the Enterprise Licensing Project.
About the project:
The goal of the ELP Projects was to improve the multiagency license processing process and make opening and operating businesses in NYC simpler, faster, and accessible online by enabling Online application of licenses, permits, etc. This also increased transparency for business customers regarding the application status.
The Scope of work for a DOHMH ELP system:
- License/Permit Intake from Accela Citizen Access (ACA) (Online for Public users)
- License/Permit Processing & Issuance using AA by DCA/ DOHMH users
- Adjudication recording using Accela Automation (AA) by OATH users.
- Data Migration from ODS (CAMIS Data Repository) to Accela
- Create interfaces with Accela for the DOHMH existing systems:
- Interface with internal enforcement systems
- Interface with Internal Document Management System (SharePoint)
- Interface with Adjudication system (OATH)
- Interface with HRA for Child Support Certification
- Interface with Citywide Payment Repository and Receivable (CPRR)
- Interface with DOHMH USPS and DoITT GeoSupporter
- The implementation of a scalable enterprise licensing and permitting system (ELP)
- Increase data quality through more rigorous validation of information
GGCOM team implemented ELP using Accela an industry-leading Licensing and Permitting solution. A seven-person team from GCOM managed all aspects of the project from Requirements Analysis, Design, Configuration, Scripting, and Customization. GCOM was also responsible for data conversion, implementation plan, and post-go-live support.
GCOM isn't your typical government solutions provider. GCOM combines the scale to support large complex projects with the agility and accessibility of a boutique solutions provider giving state and local government leaders a third option when looking for a partner to help modernize operations and optimize digital engagement. And we've earned a reputation for innovation and reliability by helping clients leverage cutting-edge technology while mitigating risk. Whether it's helping governments transition to virtual working, incorporating biometric ID to give physicians anywhere anytime access to vital records, providing local law enforcement with complete criminal histories on-demand, or data integration platforms that monitor community health, GCOM's innovative, next-generation government solutions improve operations and deliver more value to the communities they serve.