NYC DOHMH-ELP System
Department of Health & Mental Hygiene (DOHMH): ELP System
The goal of the ELP Projects was to improve the multiagency license processing process and make opening and operating businesses in NYC simpler, faster, and accessible online by enabling Online application of licenses, permits, etc. This also increased transparency for business customers regarding the application status.
The Scope of work for a DOHMH ELP system:
- License/Permit Intake from Accela Citizen Access (ACA) (Online for Public users)
- License/Permit Processing & Issuance using AA by DCA/ DOHMH users
- Adjudication recording using Accela Automation (AA) by OATH users.
- Data Migration from ODS (CAMIS Data Repository) to Accela
- Create interfaces with Accela for the DOHMH existing systems:
- Interface with internal enforcement systems
- Interface with Internal Document Management System (SharePoint)
- Interface with Adjudication system (OATH)
- Interface with HRA for Child Support Certification
- Interface with Citywide Payment Repository and Receivable (CPRR)
- Interface with DOHMH USPS and DoITT GeoSupporter
- The implementation of a scalable enterprise licensing and permitting system (ELP)
- Increase data quality through more rigorous validation of information
With this project, GCOM was tasked with designing, developing and implementing the new system while maintaining all of the current functionality and having little to no impact on functions or users of the existing system.
GGCOM team implemented ELP using Accela an industry-leading Licensing and Permitting solution. A seven-person team from GCOM managed all aspects of the project from Requirements Analysis, Design, Configuration, Scripting, and Customization. GCOM was also responsible for data conversion, implementation plan, and post-go-live support.