NYC DYCD Enrollment and Case Management Platform
NYC Department of Youth and Community Development (DYCD) Enrollment and Case Management Platform
NYC Department of Youth and Community Development (DYCD) supports New York City’s youth and their families by funding a wide range of high-quality youth and community development programs. DYCD was using several different antiquated (legacy) web-based case management systems to track enrollments, milestones, and delivery of services to the City’s population. In essence, DYCD has four case management systems providing similar functionality. The legacy systems posed several challenges:
- The outdated systems were difficult to maintain, improve, and integrate with newer systems
- The agency was vulnerable to security issues within the legacy operating systems due to lack of security patches being available or applied.
- Poor user experience and lack of robust reporting capabilities prevented diligent case management
DYCD needed to develop a modern Case Management System that tracks a participant’s life cycle in an effort to record and share information with Providers, the State and Stakeholders alike, thereby providing a comprehensive view of customer interactions across communication channels and business units.
The solution, including all software and system(s) components needed to be flexible and capable of being configured to meet the specific needs of the City as well as be scalable for future needs.
GCOM developed a system to meet the City’s requirements for flexibility, configurability to meet current needs and scalability to ensure future needs can be met. Features of the solution GCOM provided include:
- User-friendly platform; ease of use for Providers for case management, services and activities, and milestones and outcomes tracking and reporting
- Allow easy configurability to accommodate frequent rule changes and/or field updates
- Consolidate data from four systems (Luna, Capricorn, DYCD-Online, and SYEP-Online) into one Enrollment and Case Management Platform
- Easier and more accurate reporting
- Streamlined business process between programs
- Mobile centric
The scope of this project incorporated several DYCD systems (WIOA, CSBG, Literacy and RHY Programs). The long-term vision of the Enrollment and Case Management Platform featured a robust technology solution that includes:
- Easily configurable, interoperable, and updatable
- The ability to interface with supporting systems
- Solution with native iOS and Android Support
The ability to store a clear and complete view of Participants’ information and ensure that every participant is represented only once, with constant demographic identification, and audits of changes, across all program areas
- Full tracking of the participant lifecycle
- Workflow Tool
GCOM developed a system that allows the Department of Youth and Community Development to track participants lifecycle and improved user experience. This flexible and scalable solution will help the City meet New Yorker’s needs well into the future.