The Federal, State, and Local Justice Public Safety ecosystem is comprised of numerous multi-faceted agencies charged with protecting and ensuring the safety of people and property within their jurisdictions. Effective operation of this sophisticated ecosystem requires intricate orchestration of digital assets among the agencies and compliance with the myriad of federal, state, and local statutes and regulations. GCOM's Justice Public Safety practice is dedicated to enabling Public Safety agencies to achieve their business imperatives by ensuring they have reliable, instantaneous access to the data needed to make the right decisions at the right time.
GCOM in Justice and Public Safety
Over the past 14 years, GCOM has developed expertise facilitating the modernization and digital transformation initiatives for various state and local public safety agencies. Through each of these initiatives, we partnered with the agency to gain a solid understanding of their unique business processes and identify the best approach to achieve their tactical and strategic business goals. Gaining an in-depth understanding of a broad variety of processes for capturing, protecting, and disseminating criminal justice-based data, from incident reporting to arrest through adjudication and the final disposition, enables GCOM to facilitate your agency achieving your digital transformation objectives.
GCOM Federal Incident Reporting System (FIRES)
GCOM's Federal Incident Reporting System (FIRES) is a COTS product that enables State CJIS reporting agencies to accept and validate State and FBI compliant Incident-Based Reporting data submissions from the Local Law Enforcement Agencies (LEA's). FIRES's seamless, non-invasive integration with existing LEA Records Management Systems (RMS) simplifies data submission to the state, including validation of compliance with State business rules and rapid confirmation of success or exceptions.
GCOM FIRES offers advanced reporting capabilities. Authorized users can view/download their monthly transactions and error reports. State Admins can send reminder emails to delinquent agencies with one click!
- Incoming Submissions to the State Agency (LEAs to the State Agency): FIRES implements all 500+ NIBRS Business Rules as defined by FBI technical specification v 2019.1 on the incident submissions and stores all incidents that pass the edits.
- Law Enforcement Agency (LEA) Records Management System (RMS) agnostic. FIRES provides the flexibility to ingest incident data in numerous legacy and modern formats. No need for hundreds of State LEAs to replace or modify their local RMS.
- Flexible Outgoing Submissions to the FBI (State Agency to FBI):
- Real-time XML submissions to FBI. FIRES is capable of sending real-time NIBRS submissions in NIEM-based XML format.
- FIRES creates a NIBRS Flat File in the FBI required format by consolidating all incident details received by the state for a given month. This file is sent to the FBI to report the state's monthly Crime Statistics and process the FBI response.
- Flexible deployment models – On-premises to no-footprint, secure-cloud.
Incident Submission in Minutes
GCOM FIRES provides a modern, intuitive user interface for managing NIBRS submissions. Supports the submission of compliant, Group A & B incidents, and Zero Reports. The User Interface displays the mandatory fields for an incident. In addition, exceptions are identified and presented with clear, meaningful diagnostic messages.
All the Information You Need, At A Glance
GCOM FIRES Dashboard provides:
- State/Agency Crime Trends
- Agency's Monthly Error Percentage
- Details of Incidents with Anomalies/Questionable Data
- One-Click access to FIRES Reports from the dashboard
- State/Agency Crime Statistics by NIBRS Group and UCR Offense Code
- GCOM views Customer initiatives as partnerships with a shared vested commitment to your success
- Harvest and share best practices
- Disciplined communication processes ensuring full awareness and transparency
GCOM FIRES Features
- CJIS Compliant
- Inbox– Receive message alerts
- Dashboard– Quickly check status and alerts
- Reports – Summary/NIBRS
- Real-time XML submission to FBI
- FBI NIBRS File generation
- Processing Error Data Set (EDS) from FBI
- Flexible - XML format gives the flexibility to change values for the enumerated list
- Configurable – State-specific crime statistic requirements can be applied to the incoming submissions
- Agency Maintenance
- Account Management
- Audit Services
Utility of NIBRS Data
- Narrow field of potential leads
- Allow benchmarking
- Allocate resources
- Plan for future resources
- Enact effective policies
- Educate the public
Source: "Fundamentals of Crime Analysis" in Exploring Crime Analysis, Christopher W. Bruce
GCOM isn't your typical government solutions provider. GCOM combines the scale to support large complex projects with the agility and accessibility of a boutique solutions provider giving state and local government leaders a third option when looking for a partner to help modernize operations and optimize digital engagement. And we've earned a reputation for innovation and reliability by helping clients leverage cutting-edge technology while mitigating risk. Whether it's helping governments transition to virtual working, incorporating biometric ID to give physicians anywhere anytime access to vital records, providing local law enforcement with complete criminal histories on-demand, or data integration platforms that monitor community health, GCOM's innovative, next-generation government solutions improve operations and deliver more value to the communities they serve.