A modern, intuitive user interface for managing NIBRS submissions.
GCOM’s Federal Incident Reporting System (FIRES) is a COTS product that enables State Criminal Justice Information Services (CJIS) reporting agencies to accept and validate state and FBI compliant incident-based reporting data submissions from the Local Law Enforcement Agencies (LEA’s). FIRES’s seamless, non-invasive integration with existing LEA Records Management Systems (RMS) simplifies data submission to the state, including validation of compliance with state business rules and rapid confirmation of success or exceptions.
GCOM FIRES offers advanced reporting capabilities. Authorized users can view/download their monthly transactions and error reports. State admins can send reminder emails to delinquent agencies with one click!
GCOM FIRES is a next-generation NIBRS solution
GCOM FIRES can help state agencies accept and process the NIBRS submissions from the Local Law Enforcement Agencies (LEA’s). The comprehensive solution has two key focus areas:
Incident Submission in Minutes
GCOM FIRES provides a modern, intuitive user interface for managing NIBRS submissions. Supports the submission of compliant, Group A & B incidents, and Zero Reports. The User Interface displays the mandatory fields for an incident. In addition, exceptions are identified and presented with clear, meaningful diagnostic messages.
Information at a Glance
GCOM FIRES Dashboard provides:
- State/Agency Crime Trends
- Agency’s Monthly Error Percentage
- Details of Incidents with Anomalies/Questionable Data
- One-Click access to FIRES Reports from the dashboard
- State/Agency Crime Statistics by NIBRS Group and UCR Offense Code
- GCOM views Customer initiatives as partnerships with a shared vested commitment to your success
- Harvest and share best practices
- Disciplined communication processes ensuring full awareness and transparency
FIRES Product Focus
- Incoming Submissions to the state agency (LEAs to the state agency): FIRES implements all 500+ NIBRS Business Rules as defined by FBI technical specification v 2019.1 on the incident submissions and stores all incidents that pass the edits.
- Law Enforcement Agency (LEA) Records Management System (RMS) agnostic. FIRES provides the flexibility to ingest incident data in numerous legacy and modern formats. No need for hundreds of State LEAs to replace or modify their local RMS.
- Flexible Outgoing Submissions to the FBI (state agency to FBI).
- Real-time XML submissions to FBI. FIRES is capable of sending real-time NIBRS submissions in NIEM-based XML format.
- FIRES creates a NIBRS Flat File in the FBI required format by consolidating all incident details received by the state for a given month. This file is sent to the FBI to report the state’s monthly Crime Statistics and process the FBI response.
- Flexible deployment models – On-premises to no-footprint, secure-cloud.
GCOM Fires Features
- CJIS Compliant
- Inbox– Receive message alerts
- Dashboard– Quickly check status and alerts
- Reports – Summary/NIBRS
- Real-time XML submission to FBI
- FBI NIBRS File generation
- Processing Error Data Set (EDS) from FBI
- Flexible – XML format gives the flexibility to change values for the enumerated list
- Configurable – State-specific crime statistic requirements can be applied to the incoming submissions
- Agency Maintenance
- Account Management
- Audit Services
Utility of NIBRS Data
- Narrow field of potential leads
- Allow benchmarking
- Allocate resources
- Plan for future resources
- Enact effective policies
- Educate the public
“Fundamentals of Crime Analysis” in Exploring Crime Analysis, Christopher W. Bruce