At GCOM, your trust is important to us. Please reads this Privacy Statement carefully to learn how we collect, use, share, and otherwise process information relating to individuals ("Personal Data"), and to learn about your rights and choices regarding your Personal Data. A reference to "GCOM," "we," "us" or the "Company" is a reference to GCOM Software LLC. GCOM is the controller of your Personal Data as described in this Privacy Statement unless specified otherwise. The controller may transfer your Personal Data to GCOM's affiliates and others as provided in this notice.
GCOM may choose to collect personal data in the following ways:
- If you express an interest in obtaining additional information about our services; use our "Contact Us" or similar features; register to use our websites; sign up for an event, webinar or contest; or download certain content, we may require that you provide to us your contact information, such as your name, job title, company name, address, phone number, email address or username and password.
- If you attend an event, we may, with your further consent, scan your attendee badge, which will provide us your information, such as name, title, company name, address, country, phone number, and email address.
- If you register for an online community that we host, we may ask you to provide a username, photo, or other biographical information, such as your occupation, location, social media profiles, company name, areas of expertise, and interests.
- If you interact with our websites or emails, we automatically collect information about your device and your usage of our websites or emails (such as Internet Protocol (IP) addresses). This information is used to analyze overall trends, help us provide and improve our websites, offer a tailored experience for website users, and secure and maintain our websites.
- When you visit our website, we, or an authorized third party, may place a cookie on your device that collects information that allows us to track your browsing experience.
- If you have chosen to identify yourself to us, we may place on your browser a cookie that allows us to uniquely identify you when you are logged into the websites and to process your online transactions and requests.
- We also use web beacons and pixels on our websites and in emails. For example, we may place a pixel in marketing emails that notify us when you click on a link in the email.
- We use these technologies to operate and improve our websites and marketing emails.
Use of Personal Data
- Sending marketing communications: We will process your Personal Data or device and usage data, which in some cases may be associated with your Personal Data, to send you marketing information, product recommendations, and other non-transactional communications. If we process your Personal Data for the purpose of sending you marketing communications, you may manage your receipt of marketing and non-transactional communications from GCOM by clicking on the "unsubscribe" link located on the bottom of GCOM marketing emails, by replying or texting 'STOP' if you receive GCOM communications, or by unsubscribing by emailing your request to email@example.com
- Managing event registrations and attendance: We process your Personal Data to plan and host events or webinars for which you have registered or that you attend, including sending related communications to you.
- Forums or blogs: Anyone using our communities, forums, blogs, or chat rooms on our websites may read any Personal Data or other information you choose to submit and post.
- Affiliates: If you use our websites to register for an event or webinar organized by one of our affiliates, we may share your Personal Data with the affiliate to the extent this is required on the basis of the affiliate's contract with you to process your registration and ensure your participation in the event; in such instances, our affiliate will process the relevant Personal Data.
- Event Sponsors: If you attend an event or webinar organized by us or download or access an asset on our website, we may share your Personal Data with sponsors of the event; if required by applicable law, you may consent to such sharing via the registration form or by allowing your attendee badge to be scanned at a sponsor booth. In these circumstances, your information will be subject to the sponsors' privacy statements. If you do not wish for your information to be shared, you may choose to not opt-in via event/webinar registration or elect to not have your badge scanned, or you can opt-out in accordance.
- Promoting the security of our websites and services: We process your Personal Data by tracking the use of our websites and services, creating aggregated non-personal data, verifying accounts and activity, investigating suspicious activity, and enforcing our terms and policies.
- Developing and improving our websites and services: We process your Personal Data to analyze trends and to track your usage of interactions with our websites and services to the extent it is necessary for our legitimate interest in developing and improving our websites and services and providing our users with more relevant content and service offerings.
We may retain your Personal Data for a period of time consistent with the original purpose of collection. After the expiry of the applicable retention periods, your Personal Data will be deleted.
Links to non-GCOM sites and applications
We retain the right to make changes to the policy at any time and without notice.